Whether you are a home buyer or seller, signing an agreement without a home inspection process is not a brainer. We know it’s an add-on expense, but it’s important for your safety and to secure your investment.
During the Home Inspection, a specialized officer checks the damages and defects of the house you are planning to sell or buy and prepare a report based on different parameters. They look after structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing issues to ensure that the house is safe to live in. Not only this, the report prepared by a home inspector gives an upper hand while negotiating the cost from the other party. At every step of a home sale or purchase deal, home inspection plays an important role.
Even with so many advantages, people hesitant about getting their house inspected before selling or buying because of lots of questions in their minds. You might also come across these while making a deal.
To make things easy, we have answered the 3 most frequently asked questions about the home inspection in this post.
What is the cost of the home inspection service?
The cost of the service depends on the company you hire and other variables defined by the Home Inspectors.
The variables are:
- Location of the property or the time taken by the inspector to reach the location
- Size and age of the home
- Condition of the real estate market
- The urgency of the inspection and report delivery
- Any additional services like mold inspection
You should not determine the cost before communicating with professionals. The best is to research online or ask for a price quote.
How long the home inspection process takes?
Just like the cost of the service, there is no standard time for the home inspection report. It depends on the number of officials working on the property and the following factors.
- Size and age of the property
- Number of systems installed and need to be inspected
- Accessibility to the areas to be inspected
- The weather condition of the property location
- State regulations and permissions if required
- Questions and answer session with the client
- Additional services
Usually, it takes 3 to 4 hours, but still, you shouldn’t assume. Also, you shouldn’t rush during the home inspection.
What is the process of a home inspection?
- The home inspection process starts with an initial consultation with the client. This consultation is majorly is for knowing the client’s expectations from a home inspection.
- Once the details are noted, the home inspector visits the location and checks the details from the top to bottom. The expert does not leave any corner of the house.
- Upon completion, the inspector gives a verbal overview of his findings or provides a comprehensive inspection report. Along with the report, most home inspectors advise the right steps to improve the condition or tricks to negotiate the cost.
Due to cost and lack of time, people often think of DIY Home Inspection, but they forget that it’s not so easy. A home inspector’s job is like an advocate who analyses the home structure or utilities and proves his words. So hire a certified home inspector and save your investment.